Wednesday, May 19, 2004

A New Experiment

I started blogging as an experiment last December, intending to use blogs as an alternative to Blackboard in the Rhetoric 105 class that I will be teaching next fall. I figured to require my students to do it, I ought to try it out myself. Well, blogging has just exploded all over my life since then. I currently participate in 7 blogs, one for each of many uses, from extremely personal to academic, to marginally personal. Now that I've begun my blogging, I have decided to abandon the original experiment and begin anew.

This is going to be my new main blog. The topics will include reviews of films and books that spark me to think of ideas related to my research in writing studies and my teaching. The audience will be anybody interested, especially my students, friends, and colleagues. And, as it is an experiment, I can make no guarantees of its permanence. But, we'll see.