Tuesday, June 22, 2004

decisions, decisions

Ok, so I actually made a decision today (amazing!) I found out they are no longer using the Writing Material reader in Rhetoric, which I was actually considering using. But since I have no interest in using the other reader (Ways With Words or some such thing) I'm going to change the focus of my course and be a little less risky for my first semester. I'm going to do a lot of writing technologies readings. They'll fit in just fine with the projects I had planned, will be easier to collect, and I can work around the Writing Analytically stuff too. I may also choose to dump the Web Design part of the course. So far this semester I've barely taught web design, and have been able to use the room to its fullest. So yay. Less stress, more direction.

Now I just have to get over the fact that I have to teach from a book which actually has a section called "Why Correctness Matters". UGH!!!!!