Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Is work supposed to be satisfying?

I've been feeling rather unsatisfied with my academic work as of late. Perhaps it is because I have no good product to point my finger to and say I accomplished this year (even though I wrote an esssay review and book chapter with the promise of publication, still, those things are not a journal article which is apparently what I need to be original). I have my nose in so many interests at this moment; it's hard to settle down. It's hard to commit myself to something when I'm broadly interested in feminism, technology, personal writing, professional writing, pedagogy, and that's just to name a few. I met with Gail last week, and she gave me a book. A book is a good thing. But mostly I just want someone to tell me it's going to be ok.