Thursday, June 24, 2004

Lectures

I'm overwhelmed with excitement, and super sad Sarah is cleaning rooms right now because I just want to call her and express my excitement. Today, I gave my first lecture ever. Last semester I sat & watched both Sarah & Jody give lectures in their classes, and it was awesome. The best lectures I'd been to that I could think of. Well, I did that today. I had 5 pages of single-spaced notes and I talked for almost the entire class. There was a little discussion sprinkled into the lecture, but it was mostly me. After class, I told them it was my first lecture, and they said it was great, better than most because they could follow it, and that just made me feel so happy. I think I was able to make a lot of connections for my students today that will help them continue to make connections for themselves. I love them. They're really great. I'm so glad I'm teaching BTW 250 again. I thought I wanted to leave it behind, but really, I can teach it and many other things. I'm learning a lot about what I'm able to do in my teaching.