Monday, July 26, 2004

Shameless Music Promotion

I discovered a gem on Friday morning. I was up at 5 (don't ask me why I was up at 5 on my day off, but I was) and listening to WMNF, my radio station in Tampa (they stream on live365) Anyway, the host of the show kept playing music from the Paste Magazine Sampler, and I had to find out what this was. Actually, it's the coolest magazine ever. Every 2 months, they release an issue with tons of reviews of independent singer-songwriter music, as well as a CD sampler with like 20 songs on it (22 this month), all from different artists who are about to release CDs. This month there are songs from Rilo Kiley, Tift Merritt, & Richard Shindell, as well as articles about Kasey Chambers, Damien Rice, & Rachael Sage. Not to meantion the great set of book & movie reviews. I stayed up for a couple of hours reading this thing last night.

Two tidbits about Paste Magazine & this town:

1. Paste also has a radio station that streams on live365. This is great if like me, you can't stand the radio stations in this town (with the exception of WEFT, which I can stand half the time)

2. They don't sell Paste at Pages for All Ages (bummer cuz I have a gift certificate to there) but they do sell it at Borders, and occasionally when you go to buy it there, you might bump into your roommate who is also there buying it for you. You could only be so fortunate to have a roommate like that.