Wednesday, August 25, 2004

the first day of classes

The summer has come to an end, although it mostly feels like I never had a summer and basically spent the whole summer working. I did get a great new laptop out of the deal though.

We had what I would consider a fantastic orientation where we were able to do a lot that we had never been able to do before. This being my second year working on orientation, I finally feel like the group I was working with really got the hang of what we were doing and were able to implement enough hands on activities to help really prepare the new grads to teach. It was an exciting although super busy work. It'll be nice to stop working all day long like that and return to the more normal grad student schedule of early morning and early afternoon work.

And so I start classes today and teaching tomorrow. I can't believe I've been doing this for two years now. I'm not so new anymore. I wasn't even new last year. Time FLIES by. I'm a PhD student now. Exciting, but terrifying since I have no idea what I want to do or where I fit. I guess we'll see.