Friday, August 20, 2004

Great womenfolk

As I was talking to one of the new Writing Studies students and Business Writing instructors, he told me he likes women and folk music, but his knowledge was limited to Dar Williams, Lucy Kaplansky, and Joan Baez. Well, to expand his horizons, I immediately came home and made him a CD. Here's the playlist:

1. Rain and Snow--Be Good Tanyas
2. Subdivision--Ani DiFranco
3. Rachel--Buddy and Julie Miller
4. With Our Hands--Edie Carey
5. Underdog--Anne Heaton
6. These Pines--Kasey Chambers
7. Out in the Country--Kristen Hall
8. Hurricane--Kris Delmhorst
9. Fireflies--Lori McKenna
10. Everything I Need--Melissa Ferrick
11. Tailspin--Nerissa & Katrina Nields
12. Sunrise--Norah Jones
13. Starting Over--Rachel Bissex
14. Basement Apartment--Sarah Harmer
15. Penitent--Suzanne Vega
16. Happy and Satisfied--Toshi Reagon
17. By Way of Sorrow--Cry Cry Cry
18. Long Ride Home--Patty Griffin
19. Amai--Amasong

I really need a radio show. I would be so good at it. I think I missed my calling to write fiction, sing in women's choirs, have a radio show, and stay up all night dancing. Bummer that I chose academia I think.