Tuesday, November 30, 2004

in memoria

I have no time to think about things such as old friends and death because I have papers to write! But alas, life throws you curve balls when you least expect it.

I worked with Marge in Tampa and she was a good friend. You knew she was a good friend because she always told it like it is, never held back to save your feelings, but loved you despite your faults. That was Marge. She worked until the end, when cancer finally took her. She even wore her Kerry/Edwards shirt as a gown in the hospital for surgery. I'm sorry we couldn't give her Florida this time around either. I wish I could have been there to see her make the doctors so mad.

An old friend called me last night, one of the oldest of friends, to tell me that Marge passed away yesterday morning. I haven't seen her in two and a half years, and somehow I always expected she'd be around. She's gone now, but as she gave life abundantly, I will continue to give the same wherever I can. I am priviledged to call her my friend.