Wednesday, October 27, 2004

craziness

Now that I have another blog to post about what I'm reading and listening to, alas, this one is getting no play. I thought since I need to write a demand letter this morning I'd procrastinate and do some posting instead.

Last night Sarah & I discussed the "one," this one being the perfect research idea. Since stumbling onto my fascination with all things medical, I can't get enough. I can ask people about it constantly, read about it constantly, think about it constantly. I'm such a freak! It's a good and scary thing all at once. When I'm not engaged in my work, I don't care what people think of it. But I care a lot now. I'm into it, but what if too many people are doing it and I can't get a job, or what if I can't find a committee, or they just tear me to pieces. Blah to academia. But yay to exciting research.

I also thought you might like to know that an inordinate amount of leaves have been falling the last few days on my front lawn. You can find where my lawn ends and the driveway begins. That'd be fine if it'd stop raining long enough for Dan to come rake my lawn. Oh well. They are beautiful. Here's a pic of my car this morning: