Monday, November 22, 2004

resolutions

I must finish my cross-stitch before I can work on these papers. Cross-stitch allows me to procrastinate for hours at a time, so if I finish it and I haven't started a new one yet, than I can focus right? The problem is, the idea of spending another day on the couch watching Babylon 5 and cross-stitching seems far more appealing than the idea of work. Where has my discipline gone? Why can't I just buckle down and get it all done. Another problem is, as I've been told, procrastination is fear. And I'm procrastinating on this one big time, because I'm pretty afraid of not being able to achieve greatness and getting a bad grade. And believe me, this is unfortunately not outside the realm of possibility. I'll be thrilled when this semester is over.

Right now, I'm glad it's break, and that I took a sick day yesterday because I really needed one. I need to sort out some things now, think about papers and what I can get done before I go spend 4 days in Philly. Why didn't I leave yesterday? I wish I had. I'd much rather be on vacation, already.

So kids, I best be off to working. I was up at 6:00 this morning, so I'm ready to start the day. It looks a bit dreary, but I'll make my way to the library and hit the books. Hurrah!