Thursday, February 17, 2005

thursdays

Thursdays are my worst days.
Thursdays I wake up at 5 AM.
Thursdays I have to pack lunch and dinner and bring them to campus.
Thursdays I run from room to room across campus.
Thursdays I leave the house at 8:25 AM and return home at 9:30 PM.

Thursdays are my favorite days.
Thursdays I get to teach.
Thursdays I hang out in my office with feminists who have more life experience than me.
Thursdays I get to see my ladies.
Thursdays I have class with a bunch of brilliant people from different disciplines, mostly women, in a space where we're allowed to talk about being women and we're not put down for having ideas.
Thursdays I get to sing with a bunch of beautiful and brilliant women from all walks of life who make me smile.
Thursdays I may be out all day, but I spend the day with wonderful women and men.

And that's just Thursdays.