Saturday, January 08, 2005

nothing to say

Well, I did say I wanted to blog more often in 2005. It's not working so far. I have nothing to say. I don't have a lot to do either, which is a wonderful thing, because I'll be back at school in 9 days and then I'll have WAY too much to do. So I am working on some non-academic projects as well as a few academic ones.

I finished my coursepack for next semester. This time around, I plan to focus on more technology readings, have a much more well defined web project (that will not be a research paper), and try some new response and assignment ideas. I'm back to portfolio grading, which I feel is truly the only way for me to grade my students' work as a whole rather than on an individual basis, thus taking into account the entirety of their work for the semester. I feel pretty good about my course, especially since I can teach just with the readings I feel are relevant this semester. I'm looking forward to it.

As for non-academic projects:

1) I am working on a mini cross-stich that Sarah gave me for Christmas. It's a few adorable cats at night. I really like it. As I cross-stitch I generally like to movies on in the background. I've made my way through Return of the King, the Extended Edition, which is literally like 5 hours long. It was really great. I've also watched the Godfather & the Godfather Part II, as I got the box set for the holidays. I love the Godfather movies!

2) I bought some posterboard yesterday to work on a series of collages for my meditation room (forthcoming when Sarah moves out). I have all these old goddess calendars, which I'd like to repurpose into really interesting interpretations of the nature of God. I'm thinking a trinity series (Father, Son, & Holy Spirit) which would be all images of women. We'll see what comes of it (I'll post pictures to my blog).

Ok, well, for nothing going on, that was a rather long post. So far, 2005 rocks!