Wednesday, September 01, 2004

blogging stranger

I've been so busy and I really just keep forgetting to blog. I'm sure there are interesting things related to technology and women and rhetoric that I could be blogging about... but mostly there are little stupid things I want to talk about:

1. My course pack for one class this semester cost $96. The other cost nothing. I could be kind of mad cuz $76 of that was just in copyrights, but I'm not cuz the other was free, so in the universe it all evens out.

2. I'm teaching Freshman, and they're so cute and active and interesting... I can barely keep up. I'm getting too old for this. I want to have more directed conversations, so that my students get some point out of our diversions. I'm working on it.

3. I'm an all organized advisor this semester. I even made a schedule for my advisees which I promptly changed. Go me.

4. I'm singing with Amasong. Did I tell you that? It's my community thing to do this year. It's lovely. There are many great women. I love great women. It's such a good soul lifting thing to be doing. It's hard though cuz I haven't sang since High School, but I'm looking forward to the sense of accomplishment I'll feel when I sing in the winter concert, I'm ok with it.

6. I feel guilty because I haven't managed to get up before 6 and do yoga all week. Bummer.

7. There is a lot of beginning of the semester chaos as well as relationship chaos as well as other chaos all around me. As much as I hate chaos, I kind of thrive on it as well. It motivates me. This morning I am feeling motivated enough to walk to campus with my roomie and get a lot of work done. Go me once again.

More later, when I have something intellectual to say.