Friday, September 24, 2004

miscellaneous

I wish there was more time in the day. There are so many books I want to read, but I have to sleep. That's part of my problem.

I watched Good-bye Lenin this week and it was pretty interesting to see what the Democratic Rebublic in Germany was like to live in. I kept thinking about what true freedom is. Is it that I get to choose whether or not I'd like to wear Diesel jeans or Gap ones, because although that does not seem like freedom, I'd be pissed if someone took away my ability to choose designer clothing. On the other hand, is freedom having to buy ugly clothes produced by the Republic I live in or being able to choose to buy clothes produced in a sweatshop? Interesting question. Maybe I'm not free in either scenario. But which one is more free? Who knows...