Sunday, October 10, 2004

academic productivity

A lot of the time I feel like I have no good ideas and nothing of value to offer the world of academia. But Thursday & Friday were not those days. I taught an awesome class (actually my students taught an awesome class) where my only instructions were "Take this article and turn it into a performance where all class members participate in some way. You have one hour." They did a rockin' job. And they were able to look at rhetoric in a new way.

I met with a prof about possible seminar papers, and I got a lot of good feedback and direction. I'm excited about what I'm writing about as it encompasses all my interests in technology, professional writing, and feminist studies. Good stuff.

I presented a response on Thursday in class that incorporated performance and yet was an object my prof could take home. All of the class did really interesting things. It was a very engaging experience. I both wish and don't wish class could be like that more often.

Then on Friday I wrote what I consider a decent session proposal for the ATTW conference. Granted, my stuff keeps not being accepted to conferences, but I think this one is good and I hope it gets accepted, and I hope I get to go to San Francisco. It'd make me sooooo happy.

I'm sure the doubts will creep in, but for now I'm feeling on. I think I'll go with that for now.