Monday, October 04, 2004

challenges

Well, I suppose I should post something because I haven't posted in forever. I'm too busy to have anything of interest to say these days. I literally wake up and run from thing to thing all day long. Example, schedule for today:

11:00 meet student on campus
12:00 eat something
1:00 class
3:00 GEO mtg
4:00 advising group
5:00 GEO general membership meeting
6:30 go home
7:30 eat dinner
8:00 catch up on all that work I haven't done all day long

The worst thing about running from meeting to meeting today is that I have so many I won't be able to go to yoga, and frankly, that just bites.

I've been thinking about teaching a lot and how to restructure my class so my students "get it" better. I haven't figured any of it out yet. But I do think it needs a bit of tweaking. I got my second set of student assignments back, and despite all we did in class, they still don't seem to have gotten it. Assignment 3 has even more specific criteria, and between now and then I will be conferencing with each of my students, but still they might not get it. Well, let's hope for the best.