Friday, December 31, 2004

happy new year

Well, posting has been scarce for a bit as I made a trip to Philly for the holidays. I think this was trully the best trip to Philly I've ever taken. If I had the time and energy, I'd photograph all of the beautiful Christmas presents I received to show you, but alas, it escapes me. Needless to say, I got some kick ass clothes. I look awesome in them. I plan to get decked out and party until at least 12:01 tonight. It will be great!

I finished the semester up nicely. I wrote a paper which I thought was great until a day after I handed it in when I thought it was crap. But it's over now. I can work on revising it. I have piles of books I'd love to read, piles of movies to watch, great new music to listen to, and lots of things to think about. But today, I'm gonna just relax with my Chambana family, eat yummy food, and open presents. I'll get to that thinking thing tomorrow.

I saw my friend Rach when I was home. We've been friends for 17 years. I have no other friends with which I've maintained a relationship with for that long. Rach is a great person. She's the kind of person who is always thinking about what other people would like. I hope she comes to visit me over Spring Break.

I decided to skip spending money on MLA in favor of buying clothes. What a horrible academic I am! Next time MLA is in Philly, I'll be sure to drop by. Maybe they'll have CCCC in Philly one day. But this year, it is in San Francisco, my favorite city in this country. I can't wait to get to City Lights and purchase the best books to read. I wish I could take you all with me!