Tuesday, March 22, 2005

CCCC in San Francisco

Well, it's Spring Break, so a little bit of a blog update is possible. I'm very glad to be back from San Francisco. It was a good trip, but going to a conference in a city is far less fun than actually vacationing in that city. I spent 3 days in sessions, and only 1 seeing the city. Plus, there were a lot of people and I get overwhelmed by too many people. It was nice to see some old friends and meet some interesting professors, but I am really glad to be back.

My presentation went well, although it was at the same time as an entire panel on medical issues, so there was nobody interested in my topic at my panel. That's ok though because I didn't have to field any questions. And the people at CCCC and ATTW are really nice, which makes presenting much more relaxing.

Thursday I got to see Matthew, Eli, and Jason (friends & professors from Philly & Tampa) as well as go to the Writing Studies reception Thursday night. I worked hard to introduce myself to professors I hadn't yet met and get their feedback on my interests. Most everyone I talked to gave good feedback and seemed positive about my research which was encouraging. I went to dinner with Writing Studies folks Thursday night.

Friday it rained and I went to sessions all day, but then felt really anti-social so I ate dinner at Whole Foods (awesome grocery store) and went to bed early.

Saturday I met a friend for lunch in El Cerrito (near Berkeley), and went to City Lights, the best bookstore ever. I carried 6 really heavy book about 1.5 miles back to my hotel. Saturday night I went to dinner with conference folks again, and did some shopping.

I was so happy to come home and see my cats and my boyfriend (Darren) and cook in my own kitchen again. I did learn a lot from the sessions I attended, but it's nice to be on break and hopefully relax a little this week. My mom is coming to visit on Friday which should be really nice.

CCCC is in Chicago next year, so that means I'm definitely going!