Saturday, September 11, 2004

Two mixes of note

I know y'all aren't super interested in hearing about me making mixed CDs, but it's a literacy practice about knowing these songs, understanding my audience, and mixing together something that sounds good. And plus I just want to tell people about it. So here are the two most recent ones that have yet to find themselves in the hands of those I made them for.

Music Mix for Josh
A mix of mostly singer-songwriters with themes about politics, identity, and love.
1. Sunrise--Norah Jones
2. Tether--Sarah Harmer
3. Out in the Country--Kristen Hall
4. Lullaby 101--Kris Delmhorst
5. 'Tis of Thee--Ani DiFranco
6. Ignorance--Kasey Chambers
7. Among all God's Creatures--Rachael Sage
8. america's on sale--alix olson
9. Simon Says--Sam Shaber
10. Hey New York--Anne Heaton
11. Praise!--Kinnie Starr
12. Company of Women-Poozies
13. It's a Hit--Rilo Kiley
14. 1963--Rachael Yamagata
15. Will You Be the One--Melissa Ferrick
16. Four Leaf Clover--Badly Drawn Boy

Break Up Mix for E
A variety of songs about breaking up and starting over. Most of these songs I listened to during periods when I was breaking up and starting over.
1. That's Just What You Are--Aimee Mann
2. My Lover's Gone--Dido
3. China--Tori Amos
4. Then So It Is--Melissa Ferrick
5. Untouchable Face--Ani DiFranco
6. Love Ridden--Fiona Apple
7. Rain-Patty Griffin
8. Not Pretty Enough--Kasey Chambers
9. Break Up Song--Melissa Ferrick
10. Are You Happy Now?--Richard Shindell
11. Coffee Stain--Sarah Harmer
12. You Had Time--Ani DiFranco
13. I Still Love You--Melissa Ferrick
14. Short Work--Kris Delmhorst
15. Paper Bag--Fiona Apple
16. Your Heart is For Breaking--Anne Heaton
17. Miss Misery--Elliot Smith
18. Hallelujah--Rufus Wainwright
19. Moses--Melissa Ferrick