Tuesday, May 24, 2005

lots of stuff

Not sure where to start really on this one. If I blog everyday, I have lots to say, but when I forget about it, it seems that blogging moves off my radar. It's a funny thing really.

Anyway, lots going on. I finished the semester with a bang, spending 48 hours straight holed up in my house writing. I created a semi-masterpiece. It'll be a lot better when I revise it again.

I am going on a mad amount of weekend trips this summer. Last weekend was to Naperville, IL to see Star Wars Episode III, which was way better than I & II, though I don't understand why some of the main characters have to be such sucky actors. Next weekend, camping in IL somewhere (perhaps someone will comment on this entry and tell me where we're going since I can never remember), weekend after that, to Philly to visit my folks.

In July, 1st weekend to Rockford IL for a much needed relaxing girls weekend, and 2nd weekend to Kansas City, Missouri to visit some new friends. In August, one weekend in Chicago visiting friends, another in St. Louis with my dad when he comes to visit. It's fun to take some mini-trips and make the summer a bit more worthwhile since I'll be stuck here teaching. I might be able to squeeze a trip to Madison, WI in somewhere.